Don't miss the opportunity to explore the ruins of the ancient Mayan city of Tulúm, majestically perched above the turquoise Caribbean. The site was occupied as far back as 600 A.D. However, it was most densely populated around 1200 A.D. You will be struck by the pyramid-shaped El Castillo, which dominates the city from atop a forty-foot cliff. The nearby Temple of the Descending God provides equally excellent insight into the architecture of the Mayan people, who gained considerable achievements in the arts and sciences, only to decline and vanish for no apparent reason.
Fun Things to Do
- Explore the underwater world of Chankanaab on a deep-sea adventure aboard the Atlantis Submarine.
- Discover what makes a dolphin so magical as you play and interact with these amazing creatures in Chankanaab National Marine Park.
- Sit back, relax, and bury your toes in the white sand of Playa Mia Beach in Cozumel. This destination offers all the food, drinks and activities you can imagine, including relaxing massages on the beach.
- Take a Jeep®-safari adventure through the tropical landscape of Cozumel's east side. Ride through sand dunes and trails for an unforgettable experience.
- Learn to prepare a Mexican feast and enjoy your culinary skills with Mexican wines and a festive atmosphere.
- Escape to the secluded beauty of your own private beach paradise, Passion Island.
- Experience snow-white bunkers and breathtaking views as you play a memorable round of golf on the championship course at the Cozumel Country Club.
Shopping for Bargains
- Snorkel in the clear sapphire-colored water around Cozumel's coral reefs. It's a snorkeler's dream, and one of the world's premier snorkeling destinations. Equipment, instruction and guidance begin at Sand Dollar Beach. From there, you'll be able to enjoy everything your eyes behold for as long as you like, with transportation ready and waiting to take you back to your ship.
Regarded as the "St. Thomas of the Western Caribbean," Cozumel has become one of the world's best duty-free shopping ports. Cozumel offers unbelievable prices on diamonds, colored gemstones, jewelry, watches, gold, sterling silver, and even Oriental rugs as well as Mexican housewares and handicrafts. You can find designer jewelry pieces and watches from C2K, Caribbean Hook, Honora, House of Tanzanite, John Hardy, Kabana, La Nouvelle Bague, Starnight, White Diamonds, Cartier, Concord, Maurice Lacroix, Michele, Movado and more.
Mexico's currency is the peso (MXN). The $ sign is used to refer to pesos, so don't be shocked at the price tags. Any prices in U.S. dollars are listed as US$ or USD. Many hotels, restaurants and shops also accept major credit cards, which usually offer you a good exchange rate.