Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get up close and personal with a dolphin. Have your picture taken while kissing these loving creatures, learn about their anatomy, and pet and feed them while standing in waist-deep water. All at the wonderful facility that is home to Universal Studios' Flipper, who starred in the 1996 movie with the same name.
Fun Things to Do
- Take a break and relax on your own semi-private island. Located just a short boat ride away from Nassau, Blackbeard's Cay is surrounded by crystal-clear turquoise water, sandy beaches and swaying palm trees. Or better yet, check out the Stingray Adventure. This amazing experience could easily be the highlight of your trip.
- Relive the swashbuckling past on an exciting pirates and dungeons tour of Fort Charlotte and the Pirates of Nassau Museum. (Eye patches and peg legs not included.)
- Go on a glass-bottom-boat tour for a glimpse into the underwater world of the Bahamas. Snorkel with the stingrays at Blue Lagoon Island.
- Visit Predator Lagoon where you'll see sharks, barracuda and many other creatures from the deep.
- Dance the calypso and sip a refreshing rum punch while sailing aboard the 85-foot Yellowbird.
- Marvel at the flora and watch the famous "marching" flamingoes at Ardastra Gardens and Conservation Center.
- For an exciting adventure, hop on the powerboat Thriller, Nassau's fastest ride. Enjoy Nassau Harbor, Paradise Island and many other amazing spots.
Compete in an actual race on one of New Zealand's former America's Cup yachts. If you like sailing, this is an event you won't want to miss.
The Bahamian dollar (BSD) is the official unit of currency. U.S. dollars, traveler's checks and credit cards are widely accepted.