For the purpose of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, (the “Act”) Royal Caribbean Cruises (Asia) Pte Ltd with registered office address at 3 Anson Road #13-02, Springleaf Tower, Singapore 079909 (“RCL/we/us/our”) will be responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, storage and other processing of your personal data by Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises or any of our brands.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
You can use most parts of our Singapore website www.royalcaribbean.com.sg (our “site”) without providing us with your personal data. However, to get access to certain parts of the site or to subscribe to certain services, you will be asked to give us information about you by filling in forms on our site. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a cruise, make a holiday booking/purchase a cruise on our site, enter a contest, contact us with questions, comments or queries, and report a problem with our site.
You may also be asked to provide us with your personal data by filling out a paper form, for example to enroll in one of our loyalty programs, to book a cruise, to enter into a contest or to purchase additional services which relate to your cruise, for example, travel insurance,
The information you give us will normally include your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, phone number, email address and mailing address. In addition, in connection with some activities, such as purchasing a cruise, we collect additional personal data such as your credit or debit card number, passport details, NRIC number, meal preferences and medical information only in so far as such data may affect your cruise with us.
Mandatory information will be highlighted with an asterisk (*). If you do not provide such information, you acknowledge that these parts of our site may not be accessible to you.
When you visit our site, we may also automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, this may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, technical information about how our site performed and length of visits to certain pages or parts of the site.
- Cookie data and other technologies to collect information on our site for a variety of purposes, such as to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to provide a more personalised experience when you browse the Internet. If you turn cookies off (or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie), you may not have access to some features on our site and some of our services, such as purchasing a cruise or being automatically recognised as a loyalty member.
- When corresponding with you via e-mail, we may use a variety of technologies to let us know, among other things, whether you have received and opened our e-mail.
WHY WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We use the information listed above for the following purposes:
- to process your cruise booking and to fulfil and manage your holiday;
- to comply with mandatory laws in relation to the organisation of cruises and holidays;
- to comply with your request, for example if you request a brochure or a loyalty program enrollment form;
- to respond to your questions, comments and queries;
- to provide you with additional services you request, for example if you request travel insurance;
- to improve the content of our site and enhance your cruise-planning experience;
- to invoice for or collect any fees related to a booking or additional services, for example travel insurance;
- in connection with contests or competitions that we may run from time to time;
- for market research, for example to measure consumer demand or interest in various offerings; and
- to send you marketing and promotional communications, including to provide you with information about products and services offered by us and other members of the Royal Caribbean group of international businesses.
For most of the purposes above, we will require you to consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal data. On most occasions, you will be deemed to have given consent because you voluntarily provide your personal data for a specific purpose, for example, if you want us to process your holiday booking, if you request one of our brochures or if you want to become part of one of our loyalty programs. To make sure you provide your personal data on an informed basis only, we have highlighted the purposes of our collection, use and disclosure for each situation, specifically on the form itself.
In other situations, for example when we want to use your personal data to send you offers and promotions, you will need to consent to our collection and use of your personal data by leaving the opt-out box (normally located at the bottom of the relevant page) un-ticked.
Where you make a booking on behalf of another person, for example your spouse or children, you will ensure that you have obtained this person’s consent to do so and that you have informed them about the purposes of our collection, use and disclosure of their personal data.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
For any of the purposes listed above, we may share your personal data with the following recipients:
- third party service providers, including our outsourced call centres, that we work with to provide our services, for example to host our site and send out promotional emails;
- third party travel agents, provided you have booked your holiday through their travel agency;
- members of the Royal Caribbean group of international businesses and any of our cruise ships, including Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises;
- third party service providers who deliver an additional service that you have requested from us, for example where you have requested travel insurance;
- third party transport and excursion providers, for examples airlines, taxi companies, and coach and on-shore excursion service providers; and
- border control, immigration and customs located around the world, where necessary for managing your holiday.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WE PROTECT IT
Any of your personal data that is stored by us, may be stored on servers residing in the United States and shared with our parent company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd of Miami, Florida trading as Royal Caribbean International. Your personal information may also be shared with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, which are based in various European countries and other countries including Australia, New Zealand, China, Brazil and Mexico. We may also transfer your data to our outsourced call centres. We will ensure that any transfer of your personal data outside Singapore is done so in compliance with the Act and we have put in place appropriate legally enforceable obligations to provide equivalent protection to any of your personal data when it is outside Singapore.
When we store your personal data, we try to make sure that we do so on our secure servers. Security for all personal data is important to us. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct usage of information, we monitor and adjust our physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that data transmitted over the Internet will always be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products and services and you do so at your own risk. Upon receipt of your transmission, we strive to ensure the security of that information in our systems.
HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our forms, for example booking forms and loyalty program enrolment forms, and webpages where you can provide your personal data, offer you the opportunity to subscribe to our promotions and communications.
If you have done so, you have the option of removing your name from our mailing list(s) and those of our intermediaries and agents (i.e. withdrawing your consent for your data to be used for this purpose) so that you will not receive further promotional communications from us. To immediately unsubscribe from any list, we recommend that you follow the specific instructions outlined within the communications you receive from us. In most cases, this means clicking an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of one of our emails. If you are unable to do so, you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our marketing department at the address set out at the beginning of this policy.
You are also entitled to request access to your personal data held by us and to ask for more information about the ways in which we have used or disclosed your personal data during the last 12 months before your request. We are entitled to charge a reasonable fee to respond to such a request. We will attempt to respond to your request within 30 days of receiving your written request and your fee, and will inform you of any required extensions to this timeframe. In addition, you can request corrections to any of your personal data if you believe that any of your personal details, which we are processing, are inaccurate or incorrect. Both requests can be submitted by writing to us at email@example.com or 3 Anson Road #13-02, Springleaf Tower, Singapore 079909.
WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN
Our site seeks to promote our holidays for sale to adults over the age of 18. Our site is not targeted at children to purchase holidays and we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors.
LINKS, FRAMING AND THIRD PARTIES
Our site may provide links to resources that we believe may be useful. These links will lead you to websites operated by third parties that operate under different privacy policies. We encourage you to review those privacy policies, as we have no control over information you may submit to those third parties.
We reserve the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this policy at any time. You are encouraged to review this policy from time to time to stay abreast of any changes. Your continued use of our site or any of our services following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept those changes.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS